Honeybee Toys is the Australian Distributor for Ostheimer.
Why we love Ostheimer wooden toys!
- Ostheimer German toymakers have been hand crafting fine natural wooden toys for more than 60 years.
- Ostheimer's wonderfully expressive wooden toys and figures are produced from hardwoods of the finest quality, such as maple, elm and ash.
- Every Ostheimer figure is sanded, painted with non-toxic stain, and varnished by hand, a process which ensures that each one is absolutely unique.
- Ostheimer are quite simply the finest wooden toy figures available in the world.
- Based on her studies of both Waldorf (Steiner) pedagogy and anthroposophic ideas, Margarete Ostheimer began a collection of toys which enliven the imagination. In her own words: "It is the fantasy of our children alone that breathes life into the seemingly stiff wooden figures, the form and colour of which purposely have been reduced to an essential minimum. It is apparent how little coaching our children need to dive into their worlds."
- Ostheimer figures are produced by trained craftspeople.
- Slight differences in colour and slight deviations in the structure of the grain contribute to the special charm and uniqueness of Ostheimer figures.