Is it a balance board, a swing, a bridge, a shop, a hut, a step, a racetrack, a lounge seat, or an elephants back? It’s all of that and more! Wobbel boards invite movement and play indoors; stimulate creativity and imagination; encourage strength, balance and poise; and have practical uses too. Children instinctively know what the possibilities are and keep discovering new ways to play with the Wobbel.
Wobbel is beautiful and robust redesign of a traditional Steiner (Waldorf) balance board. Children of all ages love to rock, whether it be standing up, sitting or lying down. Rocking builds strength and a sense of balance and confidence; it engages both hemispheres of the brain, and it can also be calming and therapeutic. Wobbel is for all ages and grows with our child – a young child can crawl into it and gently rock back and forth, while older children will build their gross motor skills. Wobbel is great for playing, interacting and getting fit together! A Wobbel is more than that though! Children will use the Wobbel in all sorts of ways in imaginary play, as a bridge for animals and vehicles, a base for building, or even a roof or home for toys. In practical ways around the home, the Wobbel will become a seat or a step.
The felted base is recommended if you intend to use your Wobbel on any surface other than carpet or a rug. The felt base will protect your floors and dampen the sound. It also adds a non-slippery and softer surface when the Wobbel is being used as a seat or step.
* Suitable for children of all ages from 0+
* CE safety tested to European and Australian standards.
* Tested to take weight up to 200kg.
* Made from natural materials and chemical free.
* Finished with water-based translucent lacquer.
* Made sustainably in Europe from layers of FSC beechwood.
* ECO felt layer is made from natural wool and water-based paints.
Always let children play under adult supervision. Help children to get used to the Wobbel and assist them as needed. Teach your child to never hold the edges, and to be aware of fingers and toes getting caught under the board. Provide at least 2 meters of free space (also to other children) around the Wobbel and place on a flat, horizontal surface. Barefoot and non-slip shoes prevent slipping. Wobbel is designed for indoor play; it may be used outdoors but this will increase wear and tear to the board and the felt base.
- Brand: Wobbel
- Age Group: baby 0 to 1, older children and adults 6+, preschool 3 to 6, toddler 1 to 3
- Colour: aqua, black, colour option: baby mouse, forest green, mint, mouse, mustard, powdery pink, raspberry, Red, sky blue, wallaby brown